Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wood 1026 Advanced Finishing: Ken Boettcher visits to discuss muti-step glazing techniques


Past graduate and Master Finisher for E Street Makers, Ken Boetcher came in today to discuss and demonstrate some high-end multi-step glazing techniques as well as crackle lacquer.
"I graduated from the DCTC Wood Finishing program in 1982.It's hard to believe that I have been in my chosen profession for 25 years...
My career started as a touch-up/prep person for an imported furniture store,on to a high-end refinishing shop,to a precision match sampling company and then on to my current employer of 16 years E Street Makers.
"


Ken has visited us at the National Institute of Wood Finishing many times over the years to share his knowledge with the students. Ken says of NIWF, "I use the program as a recruiting platform and as a sounding board for various questions that arise".

"Over the years I have found that hiring someone that has taken the finishing course not only provides an employee that has chosen wood finishing as a profession but also someone that comes in with a basic understanding of the industry.They are easier to train,easier to hand-off special projects to and easier to communicate with."

A big thanks to Ken for his visit, we look forward to the next one!